Visiting Las Vegas in March? Read our guide written by a Vegas local!
Many visitors find themselves either overpacked or underprepared, struggling with suitcase regrets as they navigate the city. This guide is your key to getting it just right, ensuring that your trip is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
Contents of this article:
- Weather Overview
- What to Wear | Overview
- Styling & Combination Tips| March Clothing Items
- Outfits for Shows, Restaurants, Casinos, Nightclubs
Recommended Activities [Casual Clothing]
💡 Tip: Check out our Las Vegas April guide if you visit later.
Are you wondering what to wear during those sunny afternoons or cooler evenings? Or maybe you’re puzzling over what essentials to pack for mornings, evenings, and casino or restaurant visits.
💡 When visiting Vegas in March, the best advice is to check the weather forecast while packing your outfits. However, even then, expect changing conditions in Las Vegas. Read on for our essential packing and outfit tips to be prepared.
🎟️ Top Activities in March:
And what about the weather – is it hot, cold, or somewhere in between?
We’ve got you covered! In this post, we’ll dive into the specifics of Las Vegas’ unique March climate, offering practical advice on clothing choices and must-have items for your suitcase.
Las Vegas is located in the Mojave Desert, so the probability of rain is low year-round and is even dropping throughout March.
Temperatures are on the rise during the month after they hit their minimum in the previous winter months. The amount of sunshine is also on the rise, making evenings a little more comfortable.
March weather is comfortable to stroll through the city. Average highs reach about 72°F (22°C), with low humidity levels. The mornings are about 15°F (9°C) colder, and the average rainfall is only 0.5 inches.
Clouds: In March, you will usually see clear blue skies. More than half of the days pass by without seeing a single cloud. While overcast days are possible, they are much less common in March than in other areas of the United States.
These weather conditions make it perfect for getting outside in the afternoon and enjoying the inside attractions in the evening. It will feel like a relief if you’re coming from colder areas in the north.
Progression: With March being the transition between winter and summer, temperatures rise steadily throughout the whole month:
- Early March: 68°F (20°C)
- Mid-March: 72°F (22°C)
- Late March: 76°F (24°C)
Morning / Noon / Evening Temps
The nights and mornings can get pretty chilly in the desert, even in March. Be prepared for rapidly falling temperatures in the evening. This is what a day could look like:
- 8 AM: 52°F
- 12 PM: 63°F
- 4 PM: 66°F
- 10 PM: 55°F
- 8 AM: 57°F
- 12 PM: 69°F
- 4 PM: 73°F
- 10 PM: 62°F
During March, all precipitation in Las Vegas falls as rain since temperatures do not go below freezing.
The chance of rain falls drastically throughout the month, starting with about a 12% daily chance at the beginning of the month and ending with around 5%. Typically, there is only a slim chance of some raindrops.
Quotes from Locals About the March Weather
- ‘March is a great time to visit Vegas. Days are warm enough and enjoyable while still having a slight bite of coolness in the air.’
- ‘March is often the most unpredictable and erratic month in terms of weather in Las Vegas. Temperatures can range from the 50s through the 80s. No two years are equal, so the experiences of others in the past give you only a rough idea.’
Las Vegas Guide | Itineraries – Maps – Activities
- Fodor's Travel Guide (Author)
We always recommend the Fodor’s Las Vegas Guide (on Amazon): It’s up to date, has the best map, honest recommendations from locals, and the best tips for everything: gamble in a casino on the Strip, party at a club, or take a tour to Grand Canyon.
It’s quite detailed and the insights are candid. The big advantage is, that you don’t have to spend time searching all those things on Google. What we loved most:
- The list of restaurants for every part of Vegas!
Outfits | Overview
It can sometimes be tricky to figure out what to wear in Las Vegas during the month of March. Spring usually arrives early, which means you can expect cool mornings and warm, sunny afternoons.
In March, you wear short/long-sleeve t-shirts, jeans, and a light sweater or a light jacket for cooler mornings and evenings in Las Vegas. Remove a layer or two when it gets warm in the afternoon. Layering is key in March.
This is the month when pool season officially starts. If the low 70s feels warm to you, make sure to pack a swimsuit, sunscreen, and sunglasses so you can make a splash.
Advice: As always, when packing for a trip, it’s a good idea to choose items that all coordinate well with each other to give you the most possible options.
Women’s Outfits | Packing Tips
What to wear for mornings and afternoons in Vegas (think brunch/lunch, walking the strip):
- Water Repellent & Windproof & Breathable: Outer fabric is treated to repel water while maintain breathability....
- Features:adjustable waist with drawstring,full zip up and snap button closure,anorak jacket with hoodie,front...
- SHOW OFF YOUR CURVES - You deserve a utility canvas outerwear that fits you perfectly. This WenVen women's cargo...
- A light sweater or jacket (you typically remove it around noon when temps reach 70°F)
- T-shirts and and long-sleeve shirts or blouses. We usually wear T-shirts in the afternoon, especially in mid- and late March.
- Comfortable flat shoes for walking (many tourists underestimate the amount of walking they will be doing. You’ve been warned!)
- Your favorite swimsuit and sandals (just in case)
What to wear for a night out in Vegas:
- 🌸Size: XS--bust--31.5-33.5”; S--bust--34.0-36.0”; M--bust--36.5-38.5”; L--bust--39.0-41.0”;...
- FIT & FLARE: Fitted through chest and waist, flared to hem.
- Size Attention: S=US 4-6, M=US 8-10, L=US 12-14, XL=US 16. Made With A Stretchy Material, This Dress Offers A...
- For dinner and a show: a long dress with flats
- For bars/clubs/casinos: a shorter dress and high heels (option, keep flats in your purse for later)
- A light sweater/blazer (or jacket if you run cold and don’t mind carrying it)
- Jewelry that elevates your look
Accessories | Bags
Bring a suitable bag in February! You will need one for carrying water, your wallet, phone, jacket, and hand sanitizer.
💡 Vegas is a mecca for pickpockets! That’s why we always suggest a bag with anti-theft features (see our recommendations in the table above) to keep your belongings safe in the city!
Outdoor / Hiking
Spring in Vegas is the perfect time to get outdoors. Whether you enjoy golfing at one of over 50 courses or hiking at the nearby Red Rock Canyon, if you’re going to be spending several hours outside, make sure to bring:
- Plenty of water
- Sunscreen + a hat + sunglasses
- Layers, including a moisture-wicking T-shirt and a light baselayer
- A light jacket (optional because you’ll probably end up carrying it around instead of wearing it)
- Comfortable athletic shoes
Men’s Outfits | Packing Tips
What to wear for mornings and afternoons in Vegas:
- Short/long-sleeve T-shirts
- A vest or light jacket
- Athletic shoes
- Your favorite swim trunks and flip flops
What to wear for a night out in Vegas:
- For dinner and a show: dark jeans/slacks and a button-down shirt
- For clubs/casinos: dark jeans/slacks and a button-down shirt, plus a sports coat/blazer or a full-fitted suit
- Dress shoes or minimalist sneakers
More outfit tips for casinos, restaurants, and shows at the end of the article!
March clothing quote from a local:
💡 Pack clothes you can wear in layers to cover a wide range of temps. Expect evenings to be on the chilly side.
Styling & Combination Guide | Essential Clothing Items
Now that you know the general tips for Las Vegas in March, let’s dig into the essential clothing items in more detail. These are items you’ll want to make sure you pack, tailored to the March climate and Las Vegas setting.
- WARDROBE STAPLE. Come rain or shine, a classic denim jacket will always have your back. This stylish take on a...
- Size - S=US 4-6, M=US 8-10, L=US 12-14, XL=16-18,True to size,see details in description.
- Comfortable and Soft Material: Lightweight and skin friendly fabric, a little thinner than a t-shirt, so that does...
A light jacket in Las Vegas during March is an essential item as it provides versatility and comfort as temperatures drop, especially in the evenings.
During the day, the sun keeps things warm enough that you usually won’t need it outside, but in the morning and once the sun sets, you’ll be glad to have that extra layer.
Styling tips for a light jacket:
- Choose a neutral color like black, navy, or tan for maximum versatility.
- Ladies can pair it with dresses and ankle boots for an evening out.
- Gents can layer it over a button-up shirt for a smart-casual look.
- Roll up the sleeves for a laid-back style during warmer daytime.
In the mornings, a light jacket can be useful if you’re heading out early when it’s a bit brisk. As the sun climbs, you can easily take it off and wrap it around your waist or stash it in a day bag.
💡 When night falls, temperatures can dip into the 50s, making a light jacket the perfect companion for those cool desert nights.
Sweater or Cardigan
- Premium Material and Texture: SHEWIN womens sweaters are crafted with the finest quality materials, ensuring...
- CLASSIC FIT: Close but comfortable fit with easy movement.
- Material--35%Rayon, 60%polyester, 5%spandex. This fabric is soft, skin-friendly, lightweight and stretchy, can...
Sweaters or cardigans are the quintessential layering pieces for a March visit to Las Vegas. They provide warmth for colder mornings without the bulk and can be easily added or removed as needed.
💡 In the morning you can decide to either take a light jacket or a sweater as an outer layer.
Styling tips for sweaters or cardigans:
- Opt for lightweight knits that are easy to layer and won’t take up much space in your luggage.
- Pair a cardigan with a nice top and slacks or a skirt for a restaurant or show.
- A sweater can be combined with jeans for a relaxed, yet put-together daytime outfit.
- Cardigans are perfect for women to layer over dresses when moving from a sunny outdoor setting to a cooler indoor venue.
- Men can choose a sweater to wear over a collared shirt for a smart and comfortable evening option.
During the midday when it’s warmer, a sweater or cardigan can be draped over the shoulders or tied around the waist. It’s a stylish way to carry an extra layer without having to wear it.
Early mornings and evenings definitely call for this layer, as you’ll feel the chill in the air.
Essential advice: You’ll be thankful for the extra warmth a sweater provides inside casinos, restaurants, and theaters, where the air conditioning can be strong.
Remember, comfort and adaptability are key in Las Vegas, as you’ll likely transition between different temperatures and settings throughout the day. A light jacket and a sweater or cardigan are just the right items to ensure you stay comfortable without compromising on style.
More Essential Items for Women
T-shirts or a Light Blouse
Late March in Las Vegas can already have that warm desert climate, with temperatures ranging from the mid-60s to the high 70s. Light fabrics work well during the day, making t-shirts or light blouses ideal.
Styling Tips: Pair a t-shirt with a cute skirt and sandals for a casual day look. If you’re wearing a blouse, tuck it into high-waisted jeans and add some layered necklaces.
Light Trousers or Jeans
Jeans are perfect for Las Vegas because they’re versatile. During March, temperatures can drop at night, making jeans a comfortable option.
Styling Tips: For daytime, pair them with a t-shirt and sneakers. For a night out, switch to a stylish blouse and heels.
Skirts or a Casual Dress
Especially from mid- to late March, skirts and casual dresses are a great way to keep cool.
Styling Tips: If you’re wearing a skirt, pair it with a light blouse or t-shirt. With dresses, keep it simple with some cute sandals and minimalistic jewelry.
Sneakers or Sandals
Footwear should be comfortable above all. The Las Vegas Strip is long, and you’ll likely do a lot of walking. We almost ALWAYS wear our trendy sneakers in Vegas when walking in the city!
Styling Tips: White sneakers are versatile; they go well with jeans, skirts, and even some dresses. Sandals are perfect for super warm days but pick a pair that offers good support.
Sunglasses, Hat, and Sunscreen
March in Las Vegas is usually sunny, so protecting your skin and eyes is a must.
Styling Tips: A pair of chic sunglasses can elevate any outfit. For hats, think stylish yet practical—maybe a cute fedora or a wide-brimmed hat for added sun protection.
More Essential Items for Men
Similar to women, men will find t-shirts to be sufficient for daytime wear in March.
Styling Tips: Pair a simple t-shirt with jeans for a casual look, or layer it under a button-down shirt for a more structured outfit.
Light Trousers or Jeans
Jeans or other light trousers are excellent for both daytime and nighttime as they can be dressed up or down.
Styling Tips: A good pair of jeans can go from day to night easily. Pair them with a t-shirt for the day and switch to a button-down shirt for the evening.
Just like for women, comfortable sneakers are a must for men.
Styling Tips: Keep it simple with a pair of clean, white sneakers that can go with almost anything.
Sunglasses, Hat, and Sunscreen
Yes, men also need to protect themselves from the Las Vegas sun.
Styling Tips: Opt for classic aviator sunglasses for a timeless look. A baseball cap can also work well for casual daytime outfits.
More Combination Tips
Alright, let’s talk about putting it all together. It’s not just about the individual pieces but how you combine them to make stylish and functional outfits.
- Daytime Casual: Pair a light t-shirt or blouse with jeans or a skirt. Add white sneakers or sandals for comfort. Throw on some sunglasses and a hat for extra sun protection.
- Evening Chic: Opt for a casual dress or a skirt with a smart blouse. Add a leather or blazer jacket to stay warm as temperatures drop. Accessorize with statement jewelry and switch to heels.
- Daytime Cool: A simple t-shirt and jeans combo works well for daytime. Add comfortable sneakers and top off with sunglasses and maybe a casual hat like a baseball cap.
- Night Out: Switch the t-shirt for a button-down shirt. If you wore jeans during the day, they could easily transition to the night. Just add a blazer or a smart jacket and switch to dress shoes if you’re up for it.
Outfits for Casinos | Restaurants | Clubs | Shows
Las Vegas casinos don’t enforce a specific dress code, but it’s generally expected that guests dress sensibly.
Even in the most upscale casinos, casual attire is completely acceptable, provided it’s neat and presentable.
Feel free to visit any Las Vegas casino in shirts and trousers without worrying about being judged for your choice of clothing.
Dressing for the Hotel Casino
In Las Vegas casinos, your attire can vary based on the hotel and time of day. During daytime, both men and women can go for a relaxed yet neat look with shorts or jeans, blouses, sport shirts with collars, or tasteful t-shirts.
In the evening, the dress code shifts slightly towards formality. Opt for jeans, slacks, blouses, skirts, dresses, button-down shirts, or jackets. Flip flops are a no-go.
While most casinos don’t enforce a strict dress code, observing what others wear can be a helpful guide.
- Daytime: Shorts or jeans
- Collared sport shirts or neat t-shirts
- Evening: Jeans or slacks
- Button-down shirts or jackets
- Daytime: Shorts, jeans, or casual dresses
- Blouses or stylish tops
- Evening: Jeans, slacks, or skirts
- Dresses, blouses, or elegant tops
Dressing for the Nightclub
Nightclubs and lounges in Vegas usually have a dress code focused on smart and attractive attire. Avoid shorts, torn clothes, sneakers, flip flops, and plain t-shirts.
A more polished look is preferred – think business casual. This includes pressed jeans or slacks, button-down shirts, suitable dresses, skirts, blouses, and closed-toe leather shoes.
Adding a jacket to a collarless shirt like a t-shirt or pullover can elevate the outfit.
- Pressed jeans or slacks
- Button-down shirts (long or short sleeved)
- Jackets (optional but recommended)
- Closed-toe leather shoes
- Suitable dresses or skirts
- Blouses or stylish tops
- Pressed jeans or slacks
- Jackets or elegant outerwear
- Closed-toe shoes or dressy sandals
Dressing for Fine Restaurants
Fine dining in Vegas often comes with a dress code. While only a few, like Joel Robuchon at MGM Grand and Picasso at Bellagio, may require jackets, most fine dining establishments lean towards “business casual.”
This includes pressed jeans or slacks, button-down shirts (long or short-sleeved), and closed-toe shoes for both men and women. Ladies might also consider social occasion dresses.
- Men (Fine Dining):
- Jackets (required in select restaurants like Joel Robuchon at MGM Grand and Picasso at Bellagio)
- Pressed jeans or slacks
- Button-down long or short-sleeved shirts
- Closed-toe shoes
- Women (Fine Dining):
- Social occasion dresses
- Blouses with pressed jeans or slacks
- Elegant skirts or dresses
- Closed-toe shoes
Dressing for the Las Vegas Show
The time of day influences your outfit choice for Las Vegas shows. Daytime shows are casual – prioritize comfort. Evening shows, especially upscale celebrity performances, often see guests dressing up more, though strict formal wear isn’t necessary.
Aim for an outfit that makes you feel comfortable and fitting in. For men, this might be dark jeans or slacks with a smart shirt, and for women, a dress or stylish ensemble suitable for an evening out.
In all these settings, the key is to balance comfort with style, keeping in mind the specific atmosphere of the place you’re visiting. Remember, Vegas is a place to impress and enjoy, so dress in a way that enhances your experience and confidence.
- Daytime: Casual attire, such as jeans and a comfortable shirt
- Evening: Dark jeans or slacks, smart shirt
- Optional jacket for a more polished look
- Daytime: Casual dress or comfortable yet stylish ensemble
- Evening: Dress suitable for a night out, or a stylish top with jeans or slacks
- Elegant accessories to enhance the outfit
In all these settings, remember that Las Vegas is a place where you can express your personal style while adhering to the venue’s ambience. Comfort is key, but a touch of elegance never hurts in this vibrant city.